Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Ride Back!

I've finally made a full recovery from what I'd call a pretty bad run, which ultimately resulted in 8 weeks off the bike, due to having fractured my left proximal humerus. Not an easy 8 weeks.

For the first couple of weeks, additionally to being unable to ride, I was unable to study effectively - the pain reduced my concentration span somewhat. After this period, however, I had more than enough time to catch up on anything that I had missed. Long story short, my grades didn't suffer. In fact, I've managed to maintain a 100% assignment average on the Calculus paper which I am studying extramurally via Massey University and recently was awarded a 99% score (yeah, yeah... I know... not good enough) after having sat a test on campus.

The one thing that I found most difficult to deal with was the amount of spare time I had. Too much. I spent too much time thinking about how I wanted to ride my new bike. I spent too much time thinking about how I wanted to race the CSW Champs and the Secondary School Nationals. Not an easy 8 weeks.

Thankfully, it's all over now!

I've just enjoyed my first ride back on my new Merida Scultura EVO DA-com. I must say that I am very pleased with it. It handles beautifully, offers a smooth ride and I'm absolutely in love with the ergonomic design of the new (yeah, yeah... not that new) Dura-Ace shifters. I felt fairly good and am looking forward to all that lies ahead - I definitely can't wait to start racing again (but I'm going to have to...)!

I'll leave you with a picture of my pretty, new bike,

Charles.


No comments:

Post a Comment